Smart Recode Device
- Flexible network solution
GBC Photonics Smart Recode Device (SRD) programs optical modules to work with almost any network device on the market. It facilitates the management of the network infrastructure and helps to solve one of the most common problems in the configuration of a fiber optic link - incompatibility between the modules and the rest of the optical equipment.
GBC Photonics SRD modifies the configuration of SFP/SFP+, XFP, QSFP+/QSFP28/QSFP-DD, CFP/CFP2/CFP4 modules according to the relevant MSA standards. In addition to module programming, GBC Photonics SRD also enables:
- reduction of spare parts warehouse costs
- significant simplification of purchasing and implementation processes in the field of optical modules
- Minimize the problem of prolonged supply of network equipment
- change the channel number or wavelength of DWDM tunable modules
- get remote assistance from a qualified engineer
- concern for the environment — reuse of reprogrammed modules means less e-waste
GBC Photonics SRD is part of the ecosystem based on the GBC Photonics private cloud, in which thousands of codes are accumulated for the user to use the brand's optical modules on their own.
Easily reconfiguring optical modules with GBC Photonics SRD reduces inventory costs. It is no longer necessary to accumulate inserts of the same type for many brands of network devices. This means less work for buyers, engineers and storekeepers.
GBC Photonics SRD can also be used for remote support. Diagnosing a problem, providing new coding or testing in the user environment can be carried out without the need to send modules to the service and back, which significantly reduces the time and costs of such activities.